Activities & Events
Networking Mixers - the HBA will hold mixers every other month in 2018 (February, April, June, August, October, December) on the first Thursday from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at different locations in New Braunfels. The goal is to bring together HBA members and business leaders to help increase connections and grow relationships. Appetizers are provided and HBA members receive two drink tickets.
- February 1 - Villa at Gruene
- April 5 - The Downtowner
- June 7 - Lone Star Lounge (Freiheit Village)
- August 2 - OffRhodes Craft Beer Station
- October 4 - Infernos Pizza
- December 6 - Wassailfest
Buenos Dias Breakfast - breakfasts are held every other month in 2018 (March, May, July, September, November) on the third Friday at 8:00 a.m. at the Chamber in Honors Hall. These events are another opportunity to connect with HBA members and you'll also hear updates on organizations initiatives and hear a presentation from a local community or business leader.
Scholarships - the HBA Scholarship Committee is committed to making educational goals more attainable for area youth. Scholarships will be provided each year to local high school seniors. The 2018 scholarships have already been awarded. Information will be released in early 2019 for the next scholarship process.
West Side Historia - the HBA has been charged with helping improve and beautify critical areas of our community located on the West Side. Volunteers will work with citizens and businesses to identify projects and provide manpower, supplies, and resources to help address needs.
Dia de los Muertos Festival - the third annual Dia De Los Muertos Festival will be held in downtown on Saturday, October 27 from noon to 10:00 p.m. This FREE community event celebrating the Hispanic culture will feature kids activities, food trucks, arts & crafts, vendors, live entertainment, an ofrenda (offering space), shopping, contests and more.
Join the HBA
Join the Hispanic Business Alliance to have access to these exclusive member benefits:
- Entry into Buenos Dias Breakfasts with food, networking a engaging presentation
- Entry into HBA mixers featuring networking, food, and drink at different locations
- Opportunity to serve on HBA committees that work to improve the community
- Leverage efforts to enhance the local Hispanic culture and business participation
- Increase Hispanic business formations
- Increase Hispanic involvement in the community
- Provide enhanced access to services and products in the Hispanic community
HBA 2018 Board of Directors
Chair – Shelley Bujnoch, Email
Vice-Chair – Brandon Acevedo, Email
Treasurer – Martha Ayala, Email
Secretary – Melissa Elizondo, Email
Marketing & Welcoming – Jerry Sauceda, Email
Dia de los Muertos – Mary Ann Labowski, Email
Past Chair – Carlos Campos