Objectives of the Leadership New Braunfels program are:
- Identify and bring together men and women of New Braunfels who seek the opportunity to expand their involvement in community affairs and are willing to assume leadership positions.
- Enhance the participant’s knowledge of and commitment to New Braunfels to make their involvement in community affairs more effective.
- Develop and form relationships that will benefit their professional and volunteer careers.
- Stimulate a common understanding among the social and economic groups within the community of the forces and trends affecting the development of the community to enhance the ability of these groups to work together for the advancement of New Braunfels.
- Promote active involvement by the participants in a wide range of civic and community affairs.
- Facilitate the exchange of viewpoints and varied experiences among all the participants in the programs, thereby expanding communication among the most active and involved members of the community.
Tuition is payable by the individual, employer or sponsoring organization. Tuition covers meals, overnight accommodations, supplemental transportation and course materials. Tuition is $800. Scholarships may be available.
This type of program requires a serious time commitment from the participants. The class meets once a month for a full business day from October to May. Attendance at the community leaders reception, the overnight retreat and graduation ceremony is mandatory.
Participants are chosen by the Selection Committee based on the information submitted in the application. The class size is limited. Applications go live online in late May and are due in late July to begin the selection process.