2021 Art Contest Finalists - Photo by Mikie Farias
Join in the celebration of Hispanic culture by participating in the 2022 Dia de los Muertos art contest. All submitted entries must represent the unique style and imagery of Dia de los Muertos, emanating the excitement and spirit of Hispanic traditions.
- You must live within a 30-mile radius of downtown New Braunfels. All artists of all media (i.e., oil/acrylic/tempera, watercolors, illustrations, prints, etc.) and of computer graphics are invited to participate in this competition.
- All submissions must represent the unique style and imagery of HBA’s Día De Los Muertos emanating the spirit of our Hispanic culture and tradition.
- Each entry must be a completely original work created solely by the entrant, not previously published, or used in other posters, promotions, or events.
- One artist per entry. No collaborations or joint efforts.
- Artists are encouraged to keep in mind artwork will be used as posters and prints.
- Submit your work in a production-ready, vertical poster format measuring 22” wide by 28” high mounted on foam core or gator board. Stretched canvas is acceptable if appropriate for the medium.
- You must submit your artwork to The Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce Hispanic Business Alliance located at 390 S. Seguin Ave, New Braunfels TX 78130 no later than October 13, 2022. Chamber hours are Monday – Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm and 8:00am to 4:00pm on Friday.
• 1 st Place Winner will receive $200
• 2 nd Place Winner will receive $100
• 3 rd Place Winner will receive $50
All winners will be honored at the Día De Los Muertos Festival on October 22nd, 2022.