2019 Dia De Los Muertos (DDLM) Official Art Contest Rules
- The DDLM contest is only open to students and Individuals in a 30-mile radius of downtown New Braunfels. There will be 3 divisions this year. Students in Middle School - Junior High, Students in High School & an Open Division to include adult entries.
- All artists of all media (i.e. oil, acrylic, tempera, watercolors, illustrations, prints, etc.) and computer graphic designs are invited to participate in this competition. All submissions must represent the unique style and imagery of HBA's Dia De Los Muertos event, emanating the excitement and spirit of our Hispanic traditions
- Each artist is permitted one entry. No collaborations or joint efforts.
- Each entry must be a completely original work created solely by the entrant, not previously published or used in other posters, promotions, or events
- Artists are encouraged to keep in mind that the winning artwork may be used as the posters and prints for the following year’s DDLM event. Submit your work in a production-ready, vertical poster format measuring 22" wide by 28" high mounted on foam core or gator board. Stretched canvas is acceptable if appropriate for the medium
- Submit your entry* to The Great New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce HBA Committee, 390 S. Seguin Ave, no later than October 18th, 2019.
- Do not sign or otherwise identify yourself on the front of the entry. Secure your contact information (name, address, phone number and email address) to the back of the entry.
- Please Note that the Top 30 Pieces will be displayed at the festival. We will do our best to display as much artwork as possible with the given display area available.
- Include a self-addressed postcard with each entry so we can notify you of the pick-up date. All entries must be picked up by November 2nd
- The HBA's Dia De Los Muertos committee will select 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each division on October 21st. The top 3 for each division will be notified within 24 hours and honored at the October 26th, 2019 Dia De Los Muertos Event. 3rd Place $50, 2nd Place $100, 1st Place $200. The piece that is selected as the Grand Prize winner will receive $250 instead of the $200 prize.
- The winning artists must be available for press interviews and public appearances serving HBA's Dia De Los Muertos committee