The Chamber’s Small Business Week Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2020 Small Business Person of the Year. Nominations may be submitted online at www.SmallBusinessInNewBraunfels.com until Friday, March 13th. Small Business Week will be observed in New Braunfels and nationally the week of May 3-9.
Since 1990, the Small Business Person of the Year Award has recognized the outstanding contributions of small business people to the economy and overall progress of the New Braunfels trade area. To be eligible for nomination, the business person must meet the following criteria:
- Must own their business for a minimum of five years;
- Must be a member of the Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce for a minimum of five years;
- Must have been in the same business for a minimum of five years;
- Must exhibit community involvement for a minimum of five years; and
- Must have employed fewer than 50 employees during the past five years.
If you aren’t sure if your nominee meets all of the above criteria, please nominate the business person anyway. The Small Business Week Committee will verify the necessary information. The nominees are reviewed by the Small Business Week Committee who narrows down the list to three finalists. The finalists are then voted on by the Chamber Board of Directors.