The New Braunfels Chamber is searching for a dynamic and visionary leader to serve as the President of the Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB). As the President CVB, you'll have the responsibility of spearheading a strategy and a budget of approximately $3 million to drive tourism and convention business to New Braunfels.
About the Chamber
We are a membership organization that represents more than 1,600 local businesses. We partner with the public sector to administer tourism marketing and job growth for the community. We work to strengthen the local economy, advocate for our members and the community, advance community excellence, and deliver value to our members.
About the Convention & Visitors Bureau
The CVB is the official destination marketing organization for the City of New Braunfels. Located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, New Braunfels is a picturesque city offering visitors an unforgettable experience. From thrilling outdoor activities to intriguing cultural attractions, New Braunfels is the perfect getaway.
Essential job functions:
- Serve collaboratively on the leadership team of the Chamber, developing tourism and convention strategy in alignment with organizational strategies and objectives
- Develop and manage an annual strategic plan, as well as supportive plans and strategies
- Develop and manage the budget for the Convention and Tourism Fund
- Ensure the effective management of the professional services contract with the city through performance tracking, presentations, meetings, and reports
- Provide staff support to the CVB Advisory Board
- Manage highly functional working relationships with community leaders, public officials, and local hospitality businesses, including attractions and visitor accommodation firms
- Lead, manage and coach the professional staff
- Collaborate internally to develop marketing and public relations campaigns, as well as to monitor weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance
- Ensure effective operation of the Visitor Center
If you're a passionate, forward-thinking, and community-driven leader with a proven track record in destination marketing, we want to hear from you. Help us take New Braunfels to new heights in tourism and convention business. Apply now and become a part of our exciting journey!