San Antonio, TX | June 22, 2022 — This year, GVTC Communications made history by holding the company’s first-ever Hybrid Annual Meeting. The 67th annual meeting of the cooperative was held in person at the New Braunfels Civic Center while also being live-streamed virtually. GVTC continued its tradition of welcoming newly elected and returning members to its Board of Directors and announcing an increase in Capital Credits for GVTC members.
This month, GVTC distributed its largest Capital Credits in the history of the company totaling $7.75 million, an increase from 2021’s issuance of $7.5 million. Please Welcome Since the cooperative’s creation, the Board of Directors has helped secure long-term viability for GVTC in an ever-changing industry. The GVTC Board consists of 15 directors who are GVTC members, and each serves on behalf of the designated GVTC district they reside in. We rely on their leadership and specialized skills to set GVTC apart and ahead of other providers.
Four of the five elected members to our 2022 GVTC Board of Directors included incumbents.
Positions are three-year terms and are as follows:
● Incumbent Chuck Knibbe was re-elected to serve as Director of District II, Position 1 over their challenger Glen Weissgarber.
● Incumbent Scott Kramer was re-elected to serve as Director of District III, Position 4 over their challenger Pete Bosse.
● Incumbent Susan Bogle was re-elected to serve as Director of District IV, Position 1 over their challenger Jennifer Clark.
● Incumbent Alan Buxkemper was re-elected to serve as Director of District IV, Position 2 over their challenger Larry L. Williamson.
● First-time elected official, Kevin Owens, was elected to serve as Director of District III, Position 3 over challenger Dr. Larry Krock.
Congratulations to the elected GVTC Board of Directors! It was an Annual Meeting to remember, and we are continually amazed and proud of our employees and customers' participation in representing this premier telecommunications cooperative. GVTC’s mission is to ensure the long-term viability of the company by providing the best value in communication services and enhancing the quality of life overall. Its Board of Directors, leadership team, and dedicated employees continue to fulfill this mission daily.
About GVTC: GVTC is an award-winning fiber optics communications provider delivering high-speed Internet, digital cable TV, phone, and interactive home security monitoring to residential and business customers in far north San Antonio, the Texas Hill Country, and South-Central Texas. GVTC offers Internet connection speeds up to 1 Gbps and symmetrical broadband connections up to 250 Mbps. GVTC’s wholesale carrier transport network delivers Ethernet data delivery between San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and Houston, with access to remote Texas markets. The company’s philanthropic arm, The GVTC Foundation, is celebrating more than a decade of charitable giving. More than $5.3 million in contributions have been given throughout GVTC’s service area