New Braunfels is the only city in the state founded by German royalty. On March 14, 1845, Prince Carl of Solms-Braunfels Germany purchased 1,265 acres that would soon become the City of a Prince. This year New Braunfels is celebrating its 175th year anniversary. All are invited to the following events to help celebrate this momentous year for New Braunfels.
Thursday, March 19, 2020
- Unveiling of the 175th Mural 4 p.m.
Friday, March 20, 2020
- Founders Trail Ride Arrives in New Braunfels TBD
Saturday, March 21, 2020
- Kindermasken Parade 10 a.m.
- Founders Day Parade *immediately following Kindermasken Parade
- Kindermasken Ball 11 a.m.
- Founder’s Day Gala 6 p.m.
- Founders Day Fireworks 8:15 p.m.
Sunday, March 22, 2020
- First Protestant Church 175th Celebration
- 175th Community Wide Blessing 6:30 p.m.
More information about these celebratory events is available at www.since1845.com