The Greater New Braunfels Chamber has enrolled in a program to distribute free Covid-19 Rapid Tests to their small business members. The Chamber has received an allocation of the BinaxNOW test kits which will be distributed to members who register and complete the program’s application process.
Since the official rollout of the program last week, the Chamber has registered nine businesses and distributed over 1,100 testing kits. In the initial week of testing, participating businesses have been able to confidently communicate to their customers that they have a healthy workforce ready to provide an ideal experience.
This program supports the Chamber’s goal to lead the business community through the rebound and recovery of the economy by giving businesses a tool to create safe environments for their customers and employee’s. Listed below are small businesses frequently asked questions.
1. What are the eligibility requirements for businesses to participate?
- Business must be a Chamber Member.
2. Can we require an employee to take the BinaxNOW test?
- Businesses cannot mandate the test on their employees.
3. How can I sign my business up to participate in the program?
- Call the Chamber office at (830) 625-2385 or email Stephen Brockman at Stephen@InNewBraunfels.com
4. What is the cost to participate?
- These tests are being provided free of charge from the federal government, and businesses cannot charge for administering the tests.
5. How do I obtain certification training?
- A follow up email with instructions will be sent to the designated Test Administrator for your business.
- A short online certification is required before the Test Administrator receives their login information for the testing site.
- Once the course is completed, certificate must be emailed to Stephen@InNewBraunfels.com
- Once certificate is received, a pickup time will be confirmed for your Test Administrator to pick up your testing kits at the Chamber office.
6. What type of Rapid Test is this?
- The BinaxNOW Rapid Test is a minimally invasive nasal swab.
7. How long does the test take?
- After the test is obtained using a sterile swab, the BinaxNOW Card will take 15 minutes to return a result.
8. How do I submit the results?
- Testing results will be submitted by the testing website. Instructions for testing will be in training course, along with an in-person demonstration when testing kits are picked up.
9. Will we receive PPE to conduct these tests?
- The Chamber has been allocated with masks and gloves for Test Administrators.
10. How do I reorder test kits?
- In the need for more test kits, please contact the Chamber at (830) 625-2385.
To learn more about this program, please email Stephen@InNewBraunfels.com or call the chamber office at 830-625-2385.