The Chamber’s Small Business Week Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2023 Small Business Person of the Year. Nominations may be submitted online at www.SmallBusinessInNewBraunfels.com by Friday, March 3rd. Small Business Week will be observed in New Braunfels and nationally the week of April 30 - May 6.
Since 1990, the Small Business Person of the Year Award has recognized the outstanding contributions of small business people to the economy and overall progress of the New Braunfels trade area. To be eligible for nomination, the business person must meet the following criteria:
- Must own their business for a minimum of five years;
- Must be a member of the Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce for a minimum of five years;
- Must have been in the same business for a minimum of five years;
- Must exhibit community involvement for a minimum of five years; and
- Must have employed fewer than 50 employees during the past five years.
If you are not sure if your nominee meets all the above criteria, please nominate the business person anyway. The Small Business Week Committee will verify the necessary information. The nominees are reviewed by the Small Business Week Committee who narrow down the list to three finalists. The finalists are then voted on by the Chamber Board of Directors.